NodeMCU is a wifi SoC (system on a chip) produced by Espressif Systems. It is based on ESP8266 -12E WiFi module. It is a highly integrated chip designed to provide full internet connectivity in a small package.
It can be programmed directly through USB port using LUA programming or Arduino IDE. By simple programming we can establish a WiFi connection and define input/output pins according to your needs exactly like arduino, turning into a web server and a lot more.
NodeMCU is the WiFi equivalent of ethernet module. It combines the features of WiFi access point and station + microcontroller. These features make the NodeMCU extremely powerful tool for WiFi networking. It can be used as access point and/or station, host a web server or connect to internet to fetch or upload data.
- Programable WiFi module.
- Arduino-like (software defined) hardware IO.
- Can be programmed with the simple and powerful Lua programming language or Arduino IDE.
- USB-TTL included, plug & play.
- 10 GPIOs D0-D10, PWM functionality, IIC and SPI communication, 1-Wire and ADC A0 etc. all in one board.
- Wifi networking (can be used as access point and/or station, host a web server), connect to internet to fetch or upload data.
- Event-driven API for network applications.
- PCB antenna.